Saturday, August 1, 2020

Music & Art Mondays

Music and Art Monday! While paging through an out-of-print book about the Huron, I came across a darling ditty written by Jay Steilstra. Here is the original piece and my friend Andrew's interpretation.



Not only do I have talented friends who can write music, but I also have friends who can play music!  First, my friend and neighbor, Jessica, played the tune and chords on her piano.....






Then Alex, a former coworker and dear friend from our days at camp, was quick to play his own interpretation of this fun tune!



While not as talented as my many musical friends, I finally gave the song a shot on my ukulele.  This song is catchy, and I've found myself humming it about the house as I prep for our trip.


So many thanks to Jay Steilstra for writing such a great song about our river, and to my incredibly talented friends for bringing this song to life!


No comments:

Post a Comment